Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Christmas 2007



I thought I'd recap Christmas of 2007. We have always been very blessed every Christmas. I'm so thankful to friends and family who have helped us out when they felt we were in need. We have never suffered for anything and I'm so grateful. I'm posting a picture of our tree as it looked after 'Santa' and before sleepy-eyed kids woke up. The little doll bunkbed was a loving creation of my Dh and I for our girls. We saw one in a catalog and decided we could make it ourselves for cheaper. We got a great deal of help from Dh's parents who came up at the end of November. Dh and Fil (Father in law) did the actual bunk, Mil (Mother in law) and I did the mattresses, blankets and pillows.




Grandma (my Mom) got to play Santa, picking up the things the kids had asked Santa for. It was our first Christmas without my Grandma who passed away in January 2007 so it was really bittersweet. I miss my Grandma every single day. It was a rough year in many ways. My Mom lost her beloved horse and 2 dogs. One of those dogs was her substitute when I went away to college. Very rough. But my kids keep us all going and I am so very grateful for each one of them and the things they teach me.

No comments: