Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Beat L.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!


You have done good, Daniel-Son!



Danny Ainge is channeling the spirit of Red Auerbach, I just know it. Okay, so maybe he's not quite as cranky and certainly no cigars for Danny but he's got that crazy-tradin', build a big three, passionate coach, work as a team thang going on.



For me, personally, it's gratifying to see one of my all time favorite players (the other being Reggie Lewis) back with the Celtics. Danny Ainge is the player who got me interested in watching basketball 21 years ago, and is the same man who got me watching this playoff series, after an 11 year hiatus. I just got sick of over-paid athletes with big heads and bigger egos who felt they were all that with chips on the side--even if they'd never won! I got tired of the "the world owes me, I'm a superstar, gimme, gimme, gimme" mentality. What happened to the players who play because they love the game. The ones who bring passion and excitement and good ole fashioned team basketball to each and every game. What happened to diving for the ball, energizer legs playing the passing lanes, and fierce rebound grabbing "this is OUR ball" play? I dropped out of the NBA fanship. I quit watching. Then Danny Ainge took over as GM and I really still wasn't interested. Then my Mom, the consumate hang-in-there through thick and thin fan said, "Danny's making some trades." and "The Celts got Kevin Garnett" and "I love their little point guard" and "This team is GOOD" and "They're leading the East" and "They swept their west coast swing" and "They're leading the league." So I finally started watching and what's this...? Team Basketball? Steals, blocks, rebounds? WHAT'S THIS? Flying into the stands? Diving for loose balls? Keving Garnett, snarling face, mouth wide open, AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Oh yeah, I'm down with that!! Chest bumping, fist pumping? Uh huh! I'm there! And dang it all if they didn't win! Whoops, hollering, trophy raising, champagne bursting kind of win. Number 17 is....in....the.........house! I just can't believe it.

You have done good, Daniel-Son.

No comments: